The Osun State All Progressives Congress Governorship Campaign Council has accused Governor Ademola Adeleke of making what it described as “reckless, inflammatory and seditious” remarks against President Bola Tinubu out of fear of losing the August 15 governorship election.
The council also dismissed Adeleke’s allegation that the President was withholding federal allocations meant for the state’s 30 local government areas, describing the claim as false and misleading.
In a statement issued on Tuesday by the Director-General of the council, Hon. Oluwole Oke, the APC said the governor’s comments reflected “the frustration that has enveloped the outgoing governor as the reality of an impending electoral defeat continues to stare him in the face.”
Oke was quoted as saying, “The governor is crying wolf and running amok like a bereaved wizard, thinking that such theatrics could appeal to the emotion of stakeholders in the Osun project, who have rejected him over his incompetence and poor performance in office, and make them vote for him at the polls.”
The APC campaign council alleged that Adeleke was attempting to blackmail the President and portray him as an enemy of the people of Osun.
According to the statement, “Governor Adeleke’s attempt to blackmail the President and paint him as an enemy of Osun people is another desperate strategy to demonise a genuine democrat whose commitment to constitutional governance and the rule of law is well established.”
The council maintained that the legally recognised local government administration in the state had continued to receive statutory federal allocations.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the legally recognised local government administration in Osun State receives the statutory federal allocations due to it every month. It is therefore incorrect and deliberately misleading for Governor Adeleke to accuse President Tinubu of withholding local government allocations,” the statement read.
The APC further accused the governor of hypocrisy, alleging that more than 30 of its members and supporters had been killed since 2022 by individuals it claimed were linked to his administration.
“It is rather ironic that Governor Adeleke now seeks to portray himself as a victim of political intimidation when, since 2022, no fewer than 30 members and supporters of the APC have been killed by the Accord Party thugs believed to be sponsored by his administration, with at least 10 of those deaths occurring in recent times,” the statement said.
The council also alleged that the governor had granted freedom to some convicted criminals and accused him of harbouring suspected political assassins.
“It is hypocritical that a governor, who through executive fiat recently set some hardened criminals such as Esubiyi, Faronbi, Small Rugged free from prisons and unleashed them to kill and maim members of our party, is playing victims and wailing on top of his voice,” Oke stated.
The APC campaign council further accused the Adeleke administration of financial mismanagement, alleging that it diverted a ₦2bn Federal Government grant released in 2023 for the procurement of Compressed Natural Gas buses and mismanaged ₦17bn ecological funds received in 2024 and 2025.
The statement also alleged that the administration had failed to properly account for over ₦1tn in revenue that accrued to the state during Adeleke’s tenure.
“Every kobo belonging to the people must be accounted for in accordance with the law,” the council stated.
The APC urged the governor to stop making what it described as inflammatory statements and instead prepare to accept the outcome of the governorship election.
“Rather than distracting the public from discussing his lacklustre administration and issuing veiled and direct threats against the President, Adeleke should prepare to accept the verdict of the electorate with maturity and dignity,” the statement added.
The council expressed confidence that the APC and its governorship candidate, Asiwaju Munirudeen Bola Oyebamiji, would emerge victorious at the poll.
